more information about cookies
MÁS INFORMACIÓN SOBRE LAS COOKIES / ESPAÑOL … Ir..
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES / ENGLISH
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The purpose of the cookie is that the website is able to remember your visit when you return to that page. Although many people do not know it, cookies have been used for 20 years, when the first browsers for the World Wide Web appeared.
WHAT IS NOT A COOKIE?
It is not a virus, nor a trojan, nor a worm, nor spam, nor spyware, nor does it open pop-up windows.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES A COOKIE STORE ?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data they save is of a technical nature, personal preferences, content customization, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person but your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same website with Firefox or Chrome, you will see that the website does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
WHAT KIND OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
- Technical cookies : They are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is browsing, when an anonymous user and a registered user are browsing, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic website.
- Analysis cookies : They collect information about the type of browsing you are doing, the sections you use the most, products consulted, time slot of use, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies : They show advertising based on your browsing, your country of origin, language, etc.
WHAT ARE OWN AND THIRD-PARTY COOKIES ?
Own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and third-party cookies are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DISABLE COOKIES ?
To understand the scope that deactivating cookies can have , we show you some examples:
- You will not be able to share content from this website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the contents to your personal preferences, as is often the case in online stores.
- You will not be able to access the personal area of that website, such as My account , or My profile or My orders .
- Online stores: It will be impossible for you to make purchases online, they will have to be made by phone or by visiting the physical store if you have one.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographic preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and web traffic, which will make it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- You will not be able to write on the blog, you will not be able to upload photos, post comments, rate or rate content. The web will also not be able to tell if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam .
- It will not be possible to show sectorized advertising, which will reduce the advertising revenue of the web.
CAN COOKIES BE DELETED ?
Yes. Not only delete, but also block, in a general or particular way for a specific domain.
To delete cookies from a website, you must go to your browser settings and there you can search for those associated with the domain in question and proceed to delete them.
COOKIE SETTINGS FOR THE MOST POPULAR BROWSERS
Here’s how to access a particular Chrome browser cookie . Note: these steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences through the File menu or by clicking the personalization icon that appears at the top right.
- You will see different sections, click the Show advanced options option .
- Go to Privacy , Content Settings .
- Select All cookies and site data .
- A list will appear with all the cookies ordered by domain. To make it easier for you to find the cookies of a certain domain, enter the address partially or totally in the Search cookies field .
- After carrying out this filter, one or more lines will appear on the screen with the cookies of the requested website. Now you only have to select it and press the X to proceed with its elimination.
To access the cookie settings of the Internet Explorer browser, follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools , Internet Options
- Click on Privacy .
- Move the slider to set the level of privacy you want.
To access the cookie settings of the Firefox browser, follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Options or Preferences depending on your operating system.
- Click on Privacy .
- Under History choose Use custom settings for history .
- Now you will see the option Accept cookies , you can activate or deactivate it according to your preferences.
To access the cookie settings of the Safari browser for OSX follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences , then Privacy .
- In this place you will see the option Block cookies so that you can adjust the type of blocking you want to perform.
To access the cookie settings of the Safari browser for iOS, follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Settings , then Safari .
- Go to Privacy and Security , you will see the option Block cookies so that you can adjust the type of blocking you want to do.
To access the browser’s cookie settings for Android devices , follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Launch the browser and press the Menu key , then Settings .
- Go to Security and Privacy , you will see the option Accept cookies so that you can activate or deactivate the box.
To access the browser’s cookie settings for Windows Phone devices , follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer , then More , then Settings
- Now you can check or uncheck the Allow cookies box .